Shop Talk Actors : I should apply to acting agencies and other higher paying jobs.

I should apply to acting agencies and other higher paying jobs.

Well, it's fun to work at Popeyes, though other fast food restaurants, like Taco Bell or maybe Burger King may pay $15/hour, whereas Popeyes is $11/hour for me, full time.

🐬 F L O R I D A
christinabarrett.com
My Forum: yur-brite-lite-2022.proboards.com

Re: I should apply to acting agencies and other higher paying jobs.

Acting?
Are you acting now?

Why are you never satisfied with what you have?
You are always on to the next thing before you even give what you have a chance.

You get hired at Popeyes, and before you even work there one day, you are already thinking of switching to Taco Bell or Burger King on the off chance that they might pay more than Popeyes.

Why don't you do one thing for a while before you do something else?

It's the same with moving. You always seem to want to live somewhere, and when you get there, you already want to live somewhere else before you are even settled.

Every new situation, like a place to live, a job, or a school is strange at first. It takes time to get use to new places and new people.

Someone should have taught you that…. among many other things.

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

I'm sure it's not her dream to work at Popeye's, what's wrong with thinking ahead/following the money?

https://mightdeletelater.freeforums.net/

^^^^^^^^^^
a rabid anti-Popeyte

what's wrong with thinking ahead/following the money?

Nothing, provided you experience the moment first.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

There is no point pulling your hair out over this Margo.

In The Gobal Village,The Village Idiot Resides.

It's okay. I still have a little left.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I know you can die if you get a fake invitation, and I may have and my parents knew and we went to the bank and they said there are many acting agencies, but I was prettiest over all others online and still got nothing in Orlando … now in Cleveland, Ohio and I'm no match for the bulk of them!

🐬 F L O R I D A
christinabarrett.com

Skip all the mumbo jumbo, Christina.
Good luck on your first day of work. Be sure to tell us all about it.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

You can't delude yourself either Christina.

Life isn't going to give us everything we want for ourselves. You can still pursue your acting gigs in your spare-time. You should know its a very competitive industry and no matter how talented one may think they are, there is always going to be somebody even greater.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Well, people say you just be yourself to act. I was gonna use the money to get training in the creative and performing arts.

🐬 F L O R I D A
christinabarrett.com

You won't be getting a lot of money by the sound of it, especially if you wanted to lease your own apartment, pay the other bills and what is left after food money?

You will have to be realistic too.

Why don't you do one thing for a while before you do something else?

Good grief. She already is. Trolling and collecting welfare, like her dad trained her to do.

But you already know this.

True,
and True.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

The more people encourage her nonsense and play along the more she will do this shit.

Does anyone still buy her story? Only the truly stupid.

She's not schizophrenic. I actually happen to know how schizophrenic people behave, having a brother who was a lifelong schizophrenic before his death and having to deal with him and the nonsense he put his entire family through for many years. Christina doesn't match up, and seems to have forgotten she's supposed to be schizophrenic, instead acting retarded. She used to act schizophrenic on imdb, like her father trained her to do to collect a check, but somewhere along the line she switched tactics completely. If anyone on this site could be said to be an actual schizophrenic it would be Donna, who herself is likely trolling, but may not be.

My brother, who was an actual schizophrenic, discharged from the army for it even, and taking medication his entire life, was never without a job and always able to work, curiously enough.

I agree that she's just playing around. I use to buy a lot of her silly talk for the longest time.
Since she likes to fart with us, I don't mind farting with her a bit.

While I have been around schizophrenic people where I use to work, I still don't feel I'm qualified to say who is, and who isn't on some message board.

I do believe she has her issues, whatever they are.

My brother, who was an actual schizophrenic, discharged from the army for it even, and taking medication his entire life, was never without a job and always able to work, curiously enough.

Your parents obviously didn't coddle him or make him feel as though he was disabled.

I worked in a facility where we trained people with certain issues, including schizophrenia, work skills. We didn't coddle them or talk down to those people either. They appreciated that respect. By doing that, it helped them to get along fine when we finally placed these people in paying jobs. To this day, I still hear from some of the clients we helped.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

My parents didn't count on training my brother to collect a government check to help them pay the rent, which Christinas dad OBVIOUSLY did. If anything, Christina is socially not mentally retarded, because her parents made her that way and shuffled her off to live in their garage like some wild creature instead of enabling her to have a life like normal people do.

I know actual retarded people who are more self-sufficient than she pretends not to be. I say pretend because, according to her, she goes in public quite often. If any of the shit she said was true she would be murdered EVERY time she went in public and started running her troll mouth and acting up. FACT.

She's not schizophrenic. I actually happen to know how schizophrenic people behave, having a brother who was a lifelong schizophrenic before his death and having to deal with him and the nonsense he put his entire family through for many years.

It would affect people to different degrees and we don't know what its like to be around Christina in person.

I just get a sense that she is reaching out and while she isn't quite the full picnic basket of sandwiches, but she does seem to need encouragement and she isn't stupid either and claims to be musically talented.

She's not musically talented but it's obvious she's smarter than you are since she has you fooled quite nicely. What she is is called an attention whore and she'll say literally anything to get it. She's especially known for "borrowing" other peoples ideas for her little skits, which suddenly become her charming little life stories. She's like some twisted, poorly translated cartoon character.

I have posted with Christina for several years.

If she's a con, then so be it, but since I know little about her apart from what she discloses and what others have commented, I give her the benefit of the doubt.

I swear you have spent about 2 years in accumulation replying to her with the same shit but she will never listen to you but you acknowledge this and then you do it again even after saying you're done with her

Thanks for taking such an interest.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

You haven't even worked a day at Popeyes yet, I hope it's going to be fun for you but who knows.

In The Gobal Village,The Village Idiot Resides.

If I have a problem I will tell them and quit and tell Ticket to Work.

🐬 F L O R I D A
christinabarrett.com

Well, it's fun to work at Popeyes, though other fast food restaurants, like Taco Bell or maybe Burger King may pay $15/hour, whereas Popeyes is $11/hour for me, full time.

I really wanted that gift card to Popeyes 😭

Now you're talking!!! Hey you know what? A friend of mine from back in the day says that anyone can apply to be a member of Screen Actor's Guild.

I never got around to doing so because of all my family drama and me being stalked. I encourage you to. But you'll have to make a portfolio. So that means, fix your face, hair and body. My friend played an extra in a couple of period pieces fyi. So there always that for you as well.

Did you know somehow the Grammy's were postponed "indefinitely?"

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1478814504423022593?s=20

I know! My family used to agitate me so much! I should have gotten a full time job and moved out?

🐬 F L O R I D A
christinabarrett.com

Christina, you need to either commit to a workplace or stop wasting hiring managers' time. Fast food places especially are already short-staffed enough and their overworked employees don't deserve to be yanked around.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

I couldn't agree more. They don't have the time to fart around with someone who doesn't really want the job.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Bless you, you darling angel, for speaking the truth.

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

ass kisser!

Depends on the ass.

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

Fast food places especially are already short-staffed enough and their overworked employees don't deserve to be yanked around.
Meh! Its par for the course.

Recruitment hiring aspects of companies is a big thing for a vocation and keeps this area relevant. The more people go, the more others come and it keeps them justified in tenure.

Nobody owes any company anything, they either hire you or fire you and wouldn't care less about ones personal lives.

There is no 'recruiter' at a fast-food place. It's just the poor manager who is already overworked and underpaid.

It's not so much owing the company itself something (as the company would gladly shove its boot down the throat of anyone who even dares to call out sick frequently for cancer treatments, etc.) as it is being considerate of those who work for slave wages in one of the most thankless professions in the country.

Christina is very ill, yes, but she's not stupid. She is able to understand why wasting someone's time when she knows she doesn't really want the job is not very nice.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

Then it is the manager role and some staff will work out and some won't. It comes with the job and the mangers will still be selected and trained from higher up, especially in a popular food franchise corporation. The company still has a reputation to account for.

It doesn't appear like Christina is too keen on the idea, but she wanted a job and now she has one. She would have made some impression in the interview for them to want to hire her.

I agree it is slave wages, but that is also part of the process and I hardly think that these places care about staff coming and going. Its fast food, fast staff turnover and survival of the fittest. NO ONE has to concern themselves about wasting the time of the business operations because the business doesn't care about they are paying.

Pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Stop thinking about the money so much Christina and focus on amping up your skills with Popeyes for now.

Those that are paid more per hour at the other places, may be for a part-time or casual rate and won't get guaranteed the hours.

Yea, I've never worked at food service.

Full time workers seem to have it better.

🐬 F L O R I D A
christinabarrett.com

You will get paid holidays too and being full-time means you can be around more to get a grasp sooner and even build yourself up. You could even go into the recruitment area if you prove yourself dedicated.

But do you hear their whispers?

It could kill you but you probably have to do what they say or else Smurf’s n’ some other shit might not accept you and you’ll be poor.

Tacos aren’t as pretty at acting anyway.

Did you get the vaccine + booster?

I read that Australia makes things hard for people who choose to be unvaccinated there.

Yeah, the concentration camps are filling up fast.